Terms and conditions
By downloading the data, you acknowledge the following licence:
LICENCE TO USE THE REGISTER OF RADIOCOMMUNICATIONS LICENCES
1. The Australian Communications and Media Authority (the ACMA) provides you with access to the Register of Radiocommunications Licences (the Register) on the following terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions).
3. Intellectual Property in the Register is retained by the ACMA.
4. All rights in the Register are reserved, and you may not make copies of the Register or any part of the Register, except as expressly provided in this Licence.
5. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, the ACMA grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive Licence to use, reproduce and adapt the Register, including the right to incorporate the Register in an electronic information retrieval system or in any other software product, to merge the Register with other material (including documents, equipment or goods and medium whatsoever in which information is embodied), to develop derivative material based on the Register, and to distribute any derivatives developed by you to third parties. “Derivative material” and “Derivatives” refers to any copy of the Register or a substantial part of the Register, or any version of, merged form of or other material created from or based on the Register, whether or not amounting to a reproduction of the Register within the meaning of the Copyright Act 1968.
6. This Licence permits you to use the personal information of the holder of a spectrum licence, apparatus licence or a class licence issued in accordance with the Radiocommunications Act 1992 (Licensee) that may readily identify the Licensee (including, but not limited to, the Licensee’s name, address and contact details) (Client Information) for the purposes of management of the radiofrequency spectrum in accordance with the Radiocommunications Act 1992.
7. This Licence does not permit you to use Client Information contained in the Register for the purposes of:
i. sending unsolicited commercial electronic messages in contravention of the Spam Act 2003;
ii. making unsolicited telemarketing calls in contravention of the Do Not Call Register Act 2006; or
iii. conducting unsolicited mail advertising.
8. Where the Licensee is a natural person, this Licence does not permit you to reproduce or distribute the Licensee’s Client Information contained in the Register in any Derivative work authorised by this Licence.
9. If you have modified or transformed the Register or derived new material from the Register in any way, the following attribution must be used: ‘Based on Australian Communications and Media Authority information’.
10. The information contained in the Register should not be acted upon in any particular matter or circumstance without seeking appropriate professional advice on that matter or circumstance.
11. The ACMA has taken all care possible in the preparation and presentation of the Register but does not accept responsibility for any actions taken as a consequence of the information contained in the Register.
12. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable legislation, any conditions or warranties imposed by law are hereby excluded. Insofar as liability under any legislation may not be excluded, such liability is limited to replacement of the Register or correction of defects in the Register, at the ACMA’s option. In no event shall the ACMA be liable for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever (including indirect or consequential loss, damage or injury, loss of profits, business interpretation, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use or inability to use this Register.
13. We do not endorse your use of the data contained in the Register, including any Derivative Material produced by you.
RRL access via Web API
Live access to RRL data by the general public is available via a web Application Programming Interface; please refer to the guide: