What the register is for
The Register of Radiocommunications Licences (RRL) is a database of licensed radio services in Australia.
You may wish to use the register so you can:
- find out the details of a particular licence
- ask a licence holder if you can use their licence
- ask a licence holder if they will trade their licence with you
- reduce the risk of possible interference between licence holders
You can also use the database to check if your own details are correct. If they aren't, you can ask us to update your details.
Accredited persons can follow the business operating procedure to correct a record.
More information about what is on the register is in the Register of Radiocommunications Licences Determination 2017.
How to use the register
You can use the register to search for information about licences including:
- the equipment a licence holder uses
- what area a licence covers
- the frequency range
You can use the register to search by:
- latitude and longitude
- frequency range
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- other terms
When you search, the register will show 50 results per page and up to 5000 results in total.
If you need more results than the search allows, you can download the Register of Radiocommunications Licences.
Search licensed spectrum bands
You can search spectrum licence details by band release category.
When you click on a category it will show a table with all the spectrum licences in that band.
You can also download individual licences to check who owns them and the limits on their licence.