Submissions now public
Days remaining 0 of 60 days
- 1Consultation opened21 Oct 2022
- 2Consultation closes19 Dec 2022
- 3Submissions published30 Mar 2023
On this page
Extension of closing date
This consultation has been extended by 2 weeks. Originally closing on 5 December, we will now accept submissions until 19 December. Note that no further extensions beyond this date will be possible.
We want to make this variation to:
- support new technology applications
- bring Australia into line with international arrangements.
We propose to include the new arrangements in the Radiocommunications (Low Interference Potential Devices) Class Licence 2015 (LIPD class licence).
The updates cover new arrangements for:
- radiocommunications receivers communicating with satellites in the 915–928 MHz and 2400–2483.5 MHz bands
- frequency-hopping radiocommunications transmitters in the 5925–6425 MHz band
- radio local area network (RLAN) radiocommunications transmitters in the 5150–5250 MHz band.
We also want to:
- introduce a definition of ‘indoor’
- include additional technical limitations on the use of RLAN devices in the 5925–6425 MHz band.
We are also starting a discussion on:
- future variations to facilitate wireless multi-channel audio system technologies for wireless microphones
- the use of wireless broadband spectrum in underground mines
- expanded use of radiocommunications receivers communicating with satellites in the 915–928 MHz and 2400–2483.5 MHz bands.