Purpose of the temporary licence
The TCBL lets licence holders:
- broadcast on the radiofrequency spectrum, before we start the process for a long-term licence
- develop your skills to program and run a radio broadcast
- build community support for a long-term service
How to apply
- Read the Temporary community broadcasting licence guidelines
- Complete form B42 – application for a temporary licence
- Complete form B12 – application for an apparatus licence
- Pay the apparatus licence fee if we give you a TCBL
The temporary licence lasts up to 12 months. You cannot renew it.
We may allocate more than one TCBL for a frequency in a licence area. If we do, we will give licence holders the rules to share the broadcasting time. We encourage groups to agree on how they will share time and to tell us that you have an agreement. This ensures that the rules we set up reflect what you have agreed.
The Broadcasting Services Act 1992 (Part 6A) lets us allocate temporary community broadcasting licences.