Summary of CPRs
This is a summary of the Telecommunications Cabling Provider Rules 2014.
CPRs promote safety and maintain network integrity through requirements including:
- A registered cabler must perform telecommunications, fire, security and data industries cabling.
- Cablers must have the right registration for the type of work they are doing: open, restricted or lift registration. For details, see Types of cabling registration.
- Work must comply with the Wiring Rules - industry standard AS/CA S009:2013 Installation requirements for customer cabling.
- Telecommunications cabling must be separated from electrical cabling.
- Cablers must install equipment only if it complies with the labelling notice.
- After finishing a task, cablers must give their customers the signed Telecommunications cabling advice form, available from cabling advice forms.
- Registered cablers must directly supervise an unqualified cabler's cabling work. The registered cabler must ensure the work complies with the wiring rules and must sign the Telecommunications cabling advice form, available from cabling advice forms.
- Cablers must cooperate with and help ACMA inspectors and cabling auditors.
- Cablers must notify their registrar of any change of contact details within 21 days.
- Cablers can receive a fine if they do not follow their registration conditions.