If we believe a telco provider has breached the law, we can investigate and take action.
We collect information about issues related to compliance and assess the level of risk. We:
- consult with consumer interest groups
- analyse industry complaints data
- commission studies and publish reports about telecommunications safeguards or the telecommunications consumer experience
- provide compliance information to industry
- undertake compliance assessments
- investigate serious, repeated and systemic non-compliance, which could be referred to us by external parties (such as the TIO, Communications Compliance or ACCAN) or identified by us
- take enforcement action where warranted.
We publish quarterly reports of the actions we have taken as a result of our investigations.
- Action on telco consumer protections July to September 2019
- Action on telco consumer protections April to June 2019
- Action on telco consumer protections January to March 2019
- Action on telco consumer protections October to December 2018
- Action on telco consumer protections July to September 2018
- Action on telco consumer protections April to June 2018