There are several different training pathways to becoming a cabler. These depend on:
- the type of cabling registration you are seeking (open, restricted or lift registration)
- any previous cabling experience, relevant industry experience, Australian trade qualifications or overseas qualifications
Pathways to cabling registration enables training organisations, registrars or accredited assessors to choose the most appropriate option.
Find a training provider
The ACMA does not offer or assess training courses.
To find a course, see the list of registered training organisations at TITAB Australia: www.titab.com.au/training-assessors.
Courses generally include:
- training in the theory and regulations, such as Wiring Rules and health and safety
- practical or hands-on work experience
After you complete the course, the training organisation will give you a certificate. Then you can apply for cabling registration with a cabling registrar.
Advice about previous experience or training
You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning if you have:
- an overseas cabling qualification
- previous experience in cabling or a related field
If you are not sure, contact a registered training organisation.