Skip to main content


You can complain to us about topics we regulate such as online gambling, spam and cabling.

Please read more about what you can and cannot complain about and what you need to do before you complain to us.


You can make a complaint to the ACMA if:

  • you believe your telecommunications provider hasn’t followed the rules
  • the issue is likely to be systemic. 

We don't investigate individual disputes between consumers and their telecommunications providers. This work is done by the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO).

The TIO has information on its website about how to make a complaint. You can also contact the TIO by phone on 1800 062 058, or alternatively by email or in writing.


TV and radio complaints.

You can complain to us about some things you see and hear on radio and TV including gambling advertising. For some complaints you must contact the broadcaster (TV channel) first.


You can make a complaint about or report spam.

Cabling complaints

Cablers and cabling work.

You can complain to us if you think a cabler hasn't followed the rules or isn't registered.

Online gambling

You can complain about illegal gambling operators.

You can complain about operators providing or accepting payment by credit cards or digital currencies

TV and radio reception and interference

We don’t regulate TV or radio reception.

You can ask us to investigate TV and radio reception and interference.


You can report a product if you think it doesn’t meet our standards.

Next up: Online enquiries
Back to top