The report fulfills the ACMA’s statutory reporting requirements under section 105 of the Telecommunications Act 1997 to report to the Minister for Communications on significant matters relating to the performance of carriers and carriage service providers, including consumer satisfaction, consumer benefits and quality of service.
The report also provides an overview of the Australian telecommunications industry performance against a range of regulatory obligations. This includes:
- compliance with safeguards such as the Customer Service Guarantee Standard and the provision of emergency call services
- compliance with codes and standards
- developments in broadcasting and online content
Comments and enquiries about the communications report should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report and related material
- key highlights of the report
- the viewing habits of Australians
- downloads and streaming
30 November 2016