What a space receive licence is for
A space receive licence lets you operate 1 or more space stations that receive communications from earth stations via an uplink.
To communicate with an earth station via a downlink, you need a space licence.
If you already have a licence for the earth station, you may not need a space receive licence.
The Radiocommunications (Interpretation) Determination 2015 defines space receive licences.
When you have a space receive licence, you must follow the conditions of your licence.
- conditions of the Radiocommunications Act 1992 (the Act)
- Licence Condition (Apparatus Licence) Determination 2015
- other conditions that apply to you under ‘special conditions’
These conditions help you communicate safely and without interference.
We will include information you should be aware of under the heading 'advisory notes'.
We charge fees for apparatus licences.
In some circumstances, you can apply for a licence fee exemption or concession.
Apply for a space receive licence
To apply for a space receive licence you should contact an accredited person.
- assign you a frequency
- give you a frequency assignment certificate
- apply for your licence for you
Transfer a space receive licence
You can apply to:
- transfer your space receive licence to someone else