Part one of our market study identifies key trends across the inputs and intermediate elements of the communications supply chain – from components, equipment and spectrum, through to wholesale services and access networks.
It examines recent developments transforming communications networks, including:
- equipment shortages causing manufacturing disruptions and logistics delays
- shifts towards network-sharing arrangements
- increasing consumption of data-intensive applications
- increasing deployments of smaller satellites and partnerships with telcos
- greater cloud adoption to enable network virtualisation and edge computing.
The report also highlights the implications of developments for the ACMA.
Read the second report in the series: Communications supply chain market study: Services, applications and retail.