On your completion of this website form:
- the ACMA and the Electrical Regulatory Authorities Council (ERAC) will have access to the information you have provided
- your company registration information will be publicly available through the public supplier registration search facility on the National Database
The collection of personal information via this website form will be handled by the ACMA in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles which are set out in Schedule 1 to the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
The purpose of collection of the information is to ensure suppliers of devices under the ACMA regulatory arrangements are identifiable and contactable. This information is required under the following notices:
- Radiocommunications (Compliance Labelling—Devices) Notice 2014, made under section 182 of the Radiocommunications Act 1992
- Radiocommunications Labelling (Electromagnetic Compatibility) Notice 2017, made under section 182 of the Radiocommunications Act 1992
- Radiocommunications (Compliance Labelling—Electromagnetic Radiation) Notice 2014, made under section 182 of the Radiocommunications Act 1992
- Telecommunications (Labelling Notice for Customer Equipment and Customer Cabling) Instrument 2015, made under section 407 of the Telecommunications Act 1997
The notices require that suppliers of customer equipment, customer cabling and other specified items in Australia ensure that those items meet mandatory technical standards and are appropriately labelled with a compliance label which includes a Regulatory Compliance Mark (RCM). Affixing a compliance label illustrates compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
If you do not provide the information required for this website form, the RCM is not able to be applied to a device under our regulatory arrangements.
We will use the personal information provided by you via this website form for the purposes outlined above. We will not otherwise use the information for any other purpose, nor will we disclose it, unless we have your consent, or we are otherwise permitted to do so under the Privacy Act.
Should you have any questions in this regard please contact the ACMA’s privacy contact officer by telephone on 1800 226 667 or by email at email@example.com.