- 1Consultation opens21 Aug 2023
- 2Consultation closes28 Sep 2023
In our March consultation paper, we announced further work on a number of apparatus licence pricing proposals. These included:
- a proposed framework to update taxes annually using population data
- a proposed reduction of nearly 50% to the television outside broadcast network (TOBN) licence tax rate
- discussion on further work on pricing for varying levels of interference.
This consultation paper progresses these issues further. It:
- addresses stakeholder feedback on previous proposals and provides our responses
- announces the reduction of the TOBN licence tax rate
- proposes an update to apparatus licence taxes based on the new population methodology.
Have your say
We invite comments on the issues set out in the consultation paper by 5 pm (AEDT), Thursday 28 September.
Make a submission
Use the ‘Upload submission’ button at the top of this page to send us your views.
Submissions by post can be sent to:
Australian Communications and Media Authority
PO Box 13112 Law Courts
Melbourne Victoria 8010
You can email consultation enquiries to: email@example.com.