- 1Consultation opens05 May 2022
- 2Consultation closes10 Jun 2022
There has been growing interest in the 1427–1518 MHz, 1518–1525 MHz and 1668–1675 MHz frequency ranges (collectively referred to as the 1.5 GHz band) to provide support for new services, including wireless broadband (WBB) and mobile-satellite services (MSS). Consequently, we have decided to review the band and are interested in views on existing and emerging uses in the band.
Have your say
We welcome comments from interested stakeholders on any of the issues raised in the consultation paper. We specifically invite comments on:
- Are there any international arrangements or technology trends that the ACMA should be aware of?
- What is the demand for access to the 1.5 GHz band by WBB, MSS and broadcasting services? Are there any other new services that should be considered?
- What are the ongoing requirements for incumbent services in the 1.5 GHz band? Are there any viable alternative options?
- What planning scenarios should be considered in the 1.5 GHz band?
- Comment is sought on the coexistence scenarios identified, including the ACMA’s preliminary thinking on these scenarios. Are there any other coexistence scenarios the ACMA should consider?
Make a submission
You can send us your views by selecting the ‘Upload a submission’ button at the top of this page.
Submissions by post can be sent to:
Wireless Broadband Section
Australian Communications and Media Authority
PO Box 78
Belconnen ACT 2616
You can email consultation enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.