When to contact the TIO
If you have a problem with your phone or network, you must complain to your telco first. They have a process to follow.
The TIO should be your last resort, if you are not happy with the result from your telco.
When you contact the Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman, you will need to tell them:
- if you are a residential or small business customer
- if you are the account holder, or you have their approval to make the complaint
- what the complaint is about
- the name of the telco and the account number
- any complaint reference number provided by your telco
Once you have this information, you’re ready to talk to the TIO about your complaint.
How to contact the TIO
The TIO has information on their website about how to make a complaint: www.tio.com.au.
You can also contact them by phone, email or in writing - www.tio.com.au/contact-us. This includes contact details for an interpreter and the National Relay Service.