What this procedure does and does not not cover
Use this procedure to correct errors, such as:
- typographic errors in personal details
- information in the register that is incorrect or different from the original application
For other changes, use:
- Form R077 - Additional station information. For licence variations such as relocating equipment and changing frequency or other technical parameters
- Form R060 - Application for transfer of apparatus licence(s). To transfer an apparatus licence and update the licensee’s details
Our role in correcting the register
Section 153 of the Radiocommunications Act (the Act) sets the process for making a correction to the register.
We can correct the register when we become aware that something is wrong. We can also correct it if we receive an application:
- from the license holder
- from someone who the license holder authorises to operate radiocommunications devices under the licence
We notify license holders where the correction is to coordinates for a shared site. Under section 111 of the Act, we have to tell all affected license holders of our intention to vary the coordinates.
When we make a correction, we must give notice in writing to the licensee. We must also inform:
- the applicant, if the licensee authorised them to operate a radiocommunications device under the licence
- anyone who wants us to tell them about corrections to the register for a particular licence. A person must tell us in writing that they want use to notify them about a specific licence
How to apply for a correction
Procedure for Accredited Persons
Accredited persons can send details of the correction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procedure for all other users
If you are a licensee or you operate a device under the licence with the authority of the licensee, complete form R068 - Application for correction of licence register.
If we refuse an application
We will consider all requests for corrections to the register. If we refuse an application, we must give the applicant, in writing:
- notice of the refusal
- the reasons for the refusal
Under section Part 5.6 of the Radiocommunications Act, you can ask us to review the decision.
If you have any questions about this business operating procedure, email email@example.com.