Variations to the LIPD Class Licence
Consultation closes: 19 January 2018
Have your say
The ACMA received 13 submissions to this consultation. These can be accessed from the right hand side index box under 'Other submissions received'.
Need more information or assistance?
Read our FAQs.
Proposed variation to the Radiocommunications (Low Interference Potential Devices) Class Licence 2015
| Draft Radiocommunications (Low Interference Potential Devices) Class Licence Variation 2018 (No. 1)
|Notice under subsection 136 of the Radiocommunications Act 1992
of the proposed variation of the Radiocommunications (Low Interference Potential Devices) Class Licence 2015
The ACMA is seeking comments from interested parties on a proposed variation that makes changes to the Radiocommunications (Low Interference Potential Devices) Class Licence 2015 (LIPD Class Licence).
The proposed variation adds arrangements for medical endoscopy capsules (430−440 MHz), wireless medical telemetry devices (2483.5–2500 MHz), all transmitters (122−122.25 GHz) and revises technical restrictions on data communications transmitters (57−66 GHz) to align with changes by the United States Federal Communications Commission.
The ACMA has prepared a discussion paper that provides the context for the proposed variations to help interested parties prepare written comments.
The discussion paper:
- provides an overview of class licensing and the LIPD Class Licence
- provides a description of the proposed variation
- provides an invitation to comment on the proposed variation
- invites suggestions from industry and individuals on possible devices and technologies for inclusion in future updates
- seeks industry views on whether the ACMA should consider arrangements similar to those of recent developments overseas for class licence-like arrangements for data communications services in the frequency range 64−71 GHz
- seeks industry views on what aspects of the proposed variation should be considered in future standards updates.
Enquiries and questions on this consultation can be sent to the Manager, Spectrum Engineering, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org