Mobile premium service issues | ACMA

Mobile premium service issues

Premium services are voice, fax and message services which start with a ‘19’ prefix.


You should contact the content supplier or your mobile carrier if you have a complaint about charges associated with a premium service. If the issue remains unresolved, you can refer the matter to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.


You can complain directly to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (the ACMA) if you believe a mobile premium service message is SPAM or contains inappropriate or offensive content. You can also complain directly to the ACMA if you are concerned that a premium voice service contains sexual content.


You can complain directly to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) if you think an advertisement for a premium service is deceptive or misleading. The ACCC also has a range of publications available to help consumers understand their rights and obligations.

Last updated: 18 November 2015