Payphone complaints | ACMA

Payphone complaints


What to do if you have a complaint

If you want to complain about a payphone, the first step is to contact Telstra to try to resolve your complaint.

Register your complaint

Comments, enquiries and complaints about Telstra payphones should be made directly to Telstra through the Telstra enquiries/applications page or by calling Freecall 1800 011 433. Make sure you provide your contact details, if you would like to be notified of Telstra's decision regarding your complaint. The Telstra website also provides information on Telstra's complaints policy.

If you are not happy with the response

If you have made a complaint to Telstra and are not happy with the response, or you did not receive a response, you may contact the ACMA to take further action. The ACMA will accept your complaint if you:

  • are complaining about the provision of payphones in your local area
  • have already complained to Telstra and are not happy with the final response or have not received a response
  • believe that Telstra is not meeting its legal obligations under the USO.

Further action

If you are unhappy with Telstra's decision, you may forward your complaint to the ACMA by completing a complaints form.


  • T013 - Payphone complaints form PDF (55 kb) or Word (347 kb).

When you have submitted your form (see form for submission details), the ACMA will acknowledge your complaint within five working days. The ACMA's reply will include the name and contact details of the officer assigned to your complaint, and information about how the complaint will proceed.

For further information regarding Payphones, please contact the ACMA's Customer Service Centre on 1300 850 115 or

Last updated: 04 February 2016