Industry code C628:2019 Telecommunications Consumer Protections
Industry body responsible
The Communications Alliance Ltd
Section of industry to which code relates
This industry code applies to carriage service providers.
Date of registration
1 July 2019
Objectives of the code
The objectives of the code are to ensure:
- Consumers will enjoy open, honest and fair dealings with their Supplier, and have their privacy protected.
- Consumers will receive clear, accurate and relevant information on products and services from their Supplier; before, during and, where appropriate, after the point of sale.
- Consumers will have disputes resolved quickly and fairly by their Supplier.
- Promotion of products and services by Suppliers will be clear, accurate and not misleading.
- Disadvantaged and vulnerable consumers will be assisted and protected by appropriate Supplier policies and practices.
- Consumers will receive an effective remedy from any Supplier who breaches the Code.
- Suppliers will use monitoring and reporting tools to ensure successful implementation of the Code.
Accessing the code
C628:2019 Telecommunications Consumer Protections Industry Code
Last updated: 02 July 2019