The ACMA has exciting opportunities in our Melbourne and Canberra offices for communications-related engineering graduates who complete their degrees by 31 December 2019.
As a small agency, the ACMA offers a more personalised program with practical, hands-on experience and support.
As a graduate in our engineering stream, you will be provided a unique opportunity to support the technical planning for Australia’s radiofrequency spectrum, including policy and technical framework development, research and modelling analysis of radio communications and broadcasting systems, through to spectrum monitoring and identification of interference issues.
Read about the fulfilling ACMA careers of engineering graduates Bridget and Chris.
What our Graduate Program offers
- An exciting 11-month program.
- Three challenging rotations to broaden your understanding of the ACMA and develop your capabilities.
- Starting salary of $64,691 (APS 3) with advancement upon completion.
- Generous leave conditions and employer superannuation contributions.
- Flexible working conditions.
- Participation in the 2020 Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) Graduate Development Program, including travel to Canberra for workshops.
- A positive network of supervisors, mentoring by senior staff and guidance from a workplace buddy.
- A dedicated graduate coordinator.
- Assistance with relocation costs.
Shape your future in a fast-moving environment, in areas that matter
The ACMA is a government agency responsible for the regulation of broadcasting, radiocommunications, telecommunications and some online content.
Our purpose is to maximise the economic and social benefits of communications and media for Australia.
Our vision is a connected, informed and entertained Australia.
Our mission is to engage with consumers, industry and government to shape and apply the regulatory frameworks.
To do this, we need to have the right people, with the right skills, in the right roles, at the right time—both now and into the future.
ACMA Corporate Plan 2018–19
The ACMA Graduate Program will enable you to:
Applications open: Thursday 4 April 2019
Applications close: Thursday 16 May 2019
Graduate Program begins: Monday 3 February 2020
Click here for more information on eligibility and the application process.