Cabling requirements for business CIC July 2003
Industry body responsible
The Cabling Industry Committee
Section of industry to which code relates
This Code applies to Cabling Service Operators (that is, cabling businesses) that for reward perform or propose to perform, or arrange or propose to arrange for the supply of services that includes the performance of:
- the installation of customer cabling for connection to a telecommunications network or to a facility; or
- the connection of customer cabling to a telecommunications network or to a facility; or
- the maintenance of customer cabling connected to a telecommunications network or to a facility;
that is used to supply a listed carriage service.
The section of the telecommunications industry covered by this Code is set out in the Telecommunications (Section of the Telecommunications Industry) Determination 2003 (No. 1).
Date of registration
17 July 2003
Objectives of the code
The objectives of this Code are to:
- deliver acceptable quality in cabling installation and maintenance practice by:
- promoting client safety and network integrity; and
- assuring clients that work is consistent with industry standards;
- improve the level of compliance in the industry with cabling regulation;
- extend the self-regulatory process to Cabling Service Operators engaged in cabling work; and
- increase awareness of the essential aspects of the Cabling Provider Rules.
Accessing the code
Last updated: 20 June 2013