What's new for suppliers
- The ACMA is seeking public comment on a proposal to remake the EMC Labelling Notice and the EMC Standard that support the EMC regulatory arrangements for devices. The legislative instruments discussed in the consultation paper will sunset unless they are remade before their sunsetting date (1 April 2018). Further information on the consultation is available.
- The ACMA is seeking comment on two proposals:
- The ACMA has amended the EMC arrangements to adopt the United Nations EMC standard UN ECE R10 as an applicable standard for the supply of vehicles and accessories.
- The ACMA has made the Telecommunications (Approving Body) Determination 2017 specifying the Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand (JAS-ANZ) as an approving body for the purposes of section 410 of the Telecommunications Act 1997. As an approving body JAS-ANZ may determine a specified body or association is a certification body. Further information is available at Certification Bodies page.
Do you deal with:
- EMC, EME or radiocommunications products?
- telecommunications customer equipment and customer cabling?
Get the latest changes to regulatory arrangements and standards sent straight to your inbox by subscribing to the ACMA’s Compliance and labelling supplier update.
The supplier-focused e-bulletin replaces the previous Compliance and labelling arrangements email alert, which ended in March 2014, and fully complies with changes to the Privacy Act 1988. Subscribe today to stay informed.
Last updated: 01 September 2017