- 1Open for comment21 Jul 2021
- 2Consultation closes23 Aug 2021
We want to amend ACMA legislative instruments to reference a new radiation protection standard published by ARPANSA.
ARPANSA published a new standard in February 2021. This is cited as the ‘Radiation Protection Standard for Limiting Exposure to Radiofrequency Fields – 100 kHz to 300 GHz (2021)’. In this consultation it is also referred to as the new ARPANSA Standard.
We propose to incorporate the new ARPANSA Standard into the equipment supply arrangements by amending the Radiocommunications Equipment (General) Rules 2021 (the General Equipment Rules).
We also propose to amend the Radiocommunications Licence Conditions (Apparatus Licence) Determination 2015 (the Apparatus LCD) and the Radiocommunications (Body Scanning – Aviation Security) Class Licence 2018 (the Body Scanners Class Licence) to incorporate references to the new ARPANSA Standard.
The proposed amendments to our legislative instruments are to:
- Incorporate references to the new ARPANSA Standard in the General Equipment Rules, the Apparatus LCD and the Body Scanners Class Licence.
- Update or add references to international standards.
- Consolidate the existing EME-related standard and labelling notice into the General Equipment Rules.
Have your say
The ACMA invites your comments on the issues in this consultation paper.
Make a submission
You can send us your views by selecting the ‘Upload a submission’ button at the top of this page.
Submissions by post can be sent to:
Infrastructure and Equipment Safeguards Section
Australian Communications and Media Authority
PO Box 13112 Law Courts
Melbourne VIC 8010
You can email consultation enquiries to email@example.com.