- 1Open for comment29 Mar 2021
- 2Consultation closes28 Apr 2021
The draft Five-year spectrum outlook (FYSO) 2021–26* provides a broad overview of trends that affect spectrum management and factors used to inform the ACMA's planning and spectrum allocation priorities.
FYSO 2021–26 will be the first work program to be determined under the Radiocommunications Legislation Amendment (Reform and Modernisation) Act 2020. The draft FYSO is a key part of our engagement with industry and the community on our spectrum management priorities.
The draft FYSO includes a detailed annual work program, with activities and milestones for the 2021–22 financial year. Our extensive planning activity to support the deployment of 5G services in Australia continues to inform priorities in our allocation workplan.
In the draft FYSO 2021–26, we:
- revise and update our forward allocation plan including the 850/900 MHz spectrum licence auction
- explore potential new planning arrangements in the 6 GHz and 1880–1920 MHz bands
- commence discussion on the simultaneous review of the extended MSS L-band and the 1.5 GHz bands
- progress the amateur licensing review.
We expect to publish the final FYSO 2021–26 in the first quarter of the 2021–22 financial year.
Have your say
We invite feedback on the draft Five-year spectrum outlook 2021–26.
Make a submission
Use the ‘Make a submission’ button at the top of this page to upload your submission.
Submissions by post can be sent to:
Spectrum Management Outlook and Strategy Section
Australian Communications and Media Authority
PO Box Q500
Queen Victoria Building NSW 1230
*Please note the title reflects that the draft FYSO 2021–26 covers the full 5 financial years from 2021–22 to 2025–26.