- 1Open for comment17 Dec 2020
- 2Consultation closes26 Feb 2021
We want to vary the Remote Central and Eastern Australia Radio licence area plan (LAP). This will involve:
- Changing the location and power of the 8SAT FM commercial radio station in Pinnaroo so that it also services the Lameroo area.
- Making spectrum available for a new 4BRZ FM commercial radio service in the Nyngan area.
- Making spectrum available for new 4RBL and 4BRZ FM commercial radio services in the Wauchope and Beechwood areas.
- Increasing the power of the 4RBL and 4BRZ commercial radio services in the Miles area. This will mean that coverage extends to the west and south, near Condamine, Drillham and Dulacca.
The ACMA would also like the public’s views on a request to extend Rebel FM’s radio services into Logan in Queensland. The ACMA does not have a view on this request as yet. Issues that arise from the request include:
- the demand for commercial radio in the area
- whether the boundary extension would be appropriate
- whether spectrum would be best used for these extra services.
You can find more information on the Logan request in the consultation paper.
Have your say
We would like your views on the issues raised in the consultation paper, or any other issues relevant to the Remote Central and Eastern Australia Radio LAP.