- 1Open for comment06 Nov 2020
- 2Consultation closed18 Dec 2020
On 27 April 2021, the ACMA made the Radiocommunications (Short Range Devices) Amendment Standard 2021 (No. 1) under the Radiocommunications Act 1992.
This amendment standard updates the Radiocommunications (Short Range Devices) Standard 2014 (SRD Standard) to:
- update the reference to Australian/New Zealand Industry Standard AS/NZS 4268:2012 Radio equipment and systems – Short range devices – Limits and methods of measurement to specify minimum performance requirements and methods of measurement for short range devices
- reference international standards to provide an alternative to AS/NZS 4268 for testing methods.
We received 2 submissions to the consultation, both supporting the proposed amendments to the SRD Standard. As a result of these submissions, we made some additional changes to the draft instrument to include references to spurious emission and bandwidth requirements for devices.
Original consultation: The issue
We want to amend the Radiocommunications (Short Range Devices) Standard 2014 (SRD Standard). This is to reference the latest industry standard and allow the use of international test methods.
The proposed amendments will:
- Update the reference to the Australian/New Zealand Industry Standard ‘AS/NZS 4268:2012 Radio equipment and systems – Short range devices – Limits and methods of measurement’. The minimum performance requirements and methods of measurement for short-range devices (AS/NZS 4268) will now refer to the latest edition (2017).
- Allow the use of international test method standards as alternatives to AS/NZS 4268.
Have your say
The ACMA would like your views on the issues raised in this consultation paper or any other issues relevant to the SRD Standard.
Make a submission
Use the ‘Upload a submission’ button at the top of this page to send us your views.
Any enquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.