- 1Open for comment15 Sep 2020
- 2Consultation closes26 Oct 2020
- 3Submissions published17 Dec 2020
- 4Outcome published17 Dec 2020
We received 6 submissions to this consultation.
Read our summary and response to these submissions below.
The Radiocommunications (Low Interference Potential Devices) Class Licence 2015 (LIPD Class Licence) has been varied and is available from the Federal Register of Legislation.
We are introducing new arrangements to support 5G, the Internet of Things (IoT) and other new technologies.
We want to include these in the Radiocommunications (Low Interference Potential Devices) Class Licence 2015 (LIPD Class Licence).
The updates relate to:
- wireless broadband in the 24.25–25.10 GHz band
- IoT devices in the 928–935 MHz band and VHF high bands
- radiodetermination devices in the 10.50–10.55 GHz band.
We have included other minor updates for consideration.
We also invite suggestions on devices and technologies for future updates to the transmitters authorised under the LIPD Class Licence.
Have your say
The ACMA would like your views on the issues raised in this consultation, or any other issues with the LIPD Class Licence.