- 1Open for comment26 Aug 2020
- 2Consultation closes29 Sep 2020
We are updating the Australian Radiofrequency Spectrum Plan. This will reflect changes to international regulations made at the World Radiocommunication Conference 2019.
The Spectrum Plan:
- divides the spectrum into frequency bands and sets out their purposes
- provides a basis for management of the radiofrequency spectrum in Australia
- informs radiocommunication users about the services allocated to each frequency band
- informs users about the conditions attached to those allocations.
We propose that the new Spectrum Plan be made before 1 January 2021. This will mean it can start from that date.
Have your say
The ACMA would like your views on the issues raised in this consultation, or any other issues about the Spectrum Plan update.