- 1Open for comment19 Aug 2020
- 2Consultation closes23 Sep 2020
We are seeking comments on our framework for licensing arrangements in the 26 GHz and 28 GHz bands. We want to use the new area-wide apparatus licence (AWL) type for:
- wireless broadband in the 24.7–27.5 GHz frequency range of the 26 GHz band
- wireless broadband and FSS in the 27–29.5 GHz range
- FSS in the 29.5–30 GHz range.
The draft applicant information pack (AIP) is a guide for those applying for an AWL. Details about pricing for AWLs are in the consultation paper.
The AWL tax calculator assists with estimating annual tax amounts for AWLs in the 26 and 28 GHz bands. It comes with a tax calculator guide. We welcome feedback on any aspect of the calculator or guide.
To support AWLs in the 26 and 28 GHz bands, we have also made changes to the ACMA’s hierarchical cell identification scheme (HCIS). This provides an alphanumeric reference to areas described in the Australian spectrum map grid (ASMG). Details are in the tax calculator guide.
Details about the technical framework are in the consultation paper. The technical framework also includes:
- a draft variation to the Radiocommunications Licence Conditions (Area-Wide Licence) Determination 2020 (Area-Wide Licence LCD)
- a new Radiocommunications Assignment and Licensing Instructions (RALI) for AWLs in the 26 and 28 GHz bands
- an updated RALI for coordination between earth station transmitters in the fixed-satellite service and other services in the 25.5–30 GHz band.
Have your say
We welcome comment from interested stakeholders on the questions laid out in the consultation paper. We also invite feedback on any other aspects of the consultation package.