- 1Open for comment09 Jul 2020
- 2Consultation closes10 Aug 2020
Consultation on both papers closed on 10 August 2020. The ACMA is considering all submissions received as part of our preparation to auction spectrum in the 26 GHz band.
Public submissions can be downloaded below.
In October 2019, the Minister for Communications, Cyber Safety and the Arts made the Radiocommunications (Spectrum Re-allocation – 26 GHz Band) Declaration 2019, declaring spectrum in the frequency range 25.1–27.5 GHz to be re-allocated by issuing spectrum licences.
We are preparing to allocate the spectrum by auction and have prepared draft legislative instruments to govern the allocation process.
Two consultation papers are available:
- Draft allocation instruments for the 26 GHz band (25.1–27.5 GHz) metropolitan and regional lots auction
- this is accompanied by draft instruments, which describe the products being offered at auction, as well as setting out the rules and procedures that will govern the auction process for the allocation of these lots.
- 26 GHz (25.1–27.5 GHz) band spectrum licence technical framework
- this is accompanied by draft instruments, which describe the technical framework for 26 GHz band spectrum licences.
We are seeking stakeholders’ views as part of our preparation to auction spectrum in the 26 GHz band. The auction is expected to commence in late March 2021.
Have your say
We welcome comments on the draft instruments, matters raised in these consultation papers, and any other issues relevant to the allocation of the 26 GHz band. Stakeholder views will be considered in finalising these instruments.