- 1Open for comment12 Dec 2019
- 2Consultation closed03 Feb 2020
We want to make changes that will help with the use of extra spectrum in the 10.7 to 11.7 GHz, 18.2 to 18.8 GHz, 19.3 to 19.7 GHz and 28.3 to 29.5 GHz bands for satellite services. Following earlier reviews, we would also like to update pricing arrangements.
The changes will aid the introduction of new satellite services and the systems they use.
The ACMA is also making the rules that protect the Mid-West Radio Quiet Zone (RQZ) from interference easier to understand. We will do this by giving extra information in the CSO Class Licence.
Have your say
The ACMA would like your comments on the issues in this consultation paper, including:
- The draft instrument Radiocommunications (Communication with Space Object) Class Licence Variation 2020 (No. 1).
- Our plan to change the Radiocommunications (Transmitter Licence Tax) Determination 2015.
- Our plan to update a business operating procedure. This relates how we receive and process applications for space and space receive apparatus licences.