- 1Open for comment12 Dec 2019
- 2Consultation closed03 Feb 2020
On 28 February 2020, we made:
- the Radiocommunications (Receiver Licence Tax) Amendment Determination 2020 (No. 1)
- the Radiocommunications (Transmitter Licence Tax) Amendment Determination 2020 (No. 1)
The impact to the tax determination includes:
- the increase of taxes by the CPI rate of 1.6 per cent
- the removal of the tax freeze for fixed services below 960 MHz in remote areas
- the extension of the 3.5 GHz frequency range
- price changes to space licences to complement the new class licensing arrangements
- minor changes to clarify the definition of the low power spectrum access
If you have any queries about this update, please email email@example.com.
The ACMA is looking to change apparatus licence taxes. This will account for inflation with a 1.6 per cent increase in taxes.
Since 2008, we have had a freeze on taxes for fixed services below the 960 MHz band in remote areas. We would like your views on lifting the freeze.
We also want to extend the apparatus licence tax frequency range for some licences in the 3.5 GHz band.
There is another consultation paper looking at changes to taxes for space apparatus licences. Make a comment on those changes.
Have your say
The ACMA would like your comments on our plans to:
- increase taxes by 1.6 per cent
- lift the 'freeze' on taxes for fixed services below 960 MHz in remote areas
- extend the frequency range for taxes on some licences in the 3.5 GHz band