- 1Open for comment07 Nov 2019
- 2Consultation closed05 Dec 2019
Our compliance priorities focus on areas of significant public interest or concern, and conduct that has a negative impact on consumers.
These areas of activity guide our efforts to deliver effective compliance and, where necessary, targeted enforcement action.
This year, we began an ACMA-wide approach to set annual priorities with our compliance priorities 2019–20. This replaced our previous way, to set priority compliance areas for some of our activities.
We value your views and feedback to inform our work program. Past feedback directly informed the development of our current priority areas.
Have your say
As we develop our compliance priorities for the 2020 to 2021 work program, we’d like you to send us your views on our current priority areas. We’d also like to hear about any new issues of public interest or those causing consumer harm.
Please think about the following questions:
- What are the matters of significant public interest or concern?
- What are the potential and actual causes of harm to consumers?
- What are the high level risks of non-compliance, including from technological developments?
- What are the emerging issues where we can encourage compliant behaviour, deter non-compliance or boost public confidence?
- What are the technological or market developments that test the effectiveness of the regulatory framework?
- In what specific areas can we clarify the scope and reach of the law?
Your views will help us make sure our compliance and enforcement resources are used effectively.