- 1Open for comment16 Apr 2019
- 2Consultation closed16 May 2019
After considering the issues and suggestions raised in submissions, we finalised our Five-year spectrum outlook 2019−23.
The ACMA is seeking feedback on the Draft five-year spectrum outlook 2019–23 (FYSO), featuring our proposed approach to spectrum management over the next five years.
The draft FYSO includes an overview of the ACMA’s spectrum management priorities and plans for the next five years, as well as a detailed work plan for the coming year.
Spectrum use is rapidly evolving in Australia. New technologies, along with increased recognition of the value of wireless, mobile and satellite services, are key drivers of change. In the draft FYSO 2019–23, the ACMA:
- revises and updates its forward allocation plan
- considers options for new or optimised uses of spectrum for wireless broadband
- looks forward to further major allocations for 5G spectrum
- discusses spectrum sharing, class licences and Wi-Fi, radio strategy, satellite spectrum requirements and the amateur radio sector.
The draft FYSO is designed to encourage a dialogue on spectrum management priorities.
Issue for comment
The ACMA invites feedback on the Draft five-year spectrum outlook 2019–23.