The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has appointed 6 consumer organisations to the Consumer Consultative Forum (CCF) – the ACMA’s key telco consumer advisory group – for a 3-year term.
The organisations appointed are:
- Consumer Policy Research Centre
- NSW Business Chamber (Business NSW)
- South Australian Council of Social Services
- Western Community Legal Centre (WEstjustice)
- Consumer Action Law Centre
- Isolated Children’s Parents’ Association of Australia.
The CCF plays an important role in advising the ACMA on a broad range of policy and regulatory issues affecting telecommunications consumers. It examines communications issues of interest to all consumers, with a focus on people in vulnerable circumstances, people in regional and remote communities and small business operators.
The new organisations replace existing members whose terms have expired, and join existing representatives from the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network, the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, industry, and government.
The CCF meets twice a year and is chaired by ACMA Authority member, Fiona Cameron.
Find out more about the CCF, including its terms of reference.