What's new for suppliers
- The ACMA is seeking public comment on a proposal to
- Remake the:
- Mobile Equipment Standard 2018—to adopt the revised industry standards
- Customer Equipment Safety Standard 2018—to adopt both the 2015 AS/NZS 60950 industry standard and the 2018 AS/NZS 62368 industry standard.
- Make changes to the Telecommunications Labelling Notice.
Further information about these changes, as well as the draft standards and labelling notice, is available on the ACMA website.
- The ACMA is consulting with stakeholders about a proposal to remake the ACMA standard that currently mandates a two-part industry standard for radiocommunications devices operating in the very high frequency (VHF) maritime mobile bands. The ACMA proposal is to remake the existing standard by adopting three new industry standards and their European Telecommunications Standards Institute equivalents. Further information about this proposal, as well as the draft standard, is available on the ACMA website.
Do you deal with:
- EMC, EME or radiocommunications products?
- telecommunications customer equipment and customer cabling?
Get the latest changes to regulatory arrangements and standards sent straight to your inbox by subscribing to the ACMA’s Compliance and labelling supplier update.
The supplier-focused e-bulletin replaces the previous Compliance and labelling arrangements email alert, which ended in March 2014, and fully complies with changes to the Privacy Act 1988. Subscribe today to stay informed.
Last updated: 19 July 2018