ARSG 7 - Science services
Terms of reference
Australian Radiocommunications Study Group 7, Science services
The Australian Radiocommunications Study Group 7 (ARSG 7) has been established by the ACMA to prepare for International Telecommunication Union Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R) Study Group 7 meetings in preparation for the study period ending at the Radiocommunication Assembly. ARSG 7 studies:
- Systems for space operation, space research, earth exploration and meteorology, including the related use of links in the inter-satellite service;
- radio astronomy and radar astronomy; and
- dissemination, reception and coordination of standard-frequency and time-signal service, including the application of satellite techniques, on a worldwide basis.
On the basis of inputs from industry, Government organisations and other interested stakeholders and taking into account Government policy, ARSG 7 will:
- study, coordinate and provide expert advice to the ACMA to assist in the development of Australian positions and contributions for Australian Delegations to ITU-R Study Group 7 and its subordinate group meetings;
- promote and encourage Australian expertise, research and participation in ITU-R Study Group 7 matters; and
- provide advice and guidance on relevant ARSG 7 matters to other ARSGs and domestic bodies as necessary.
ARSG 7 Chairman
Mr Richard Jacobsen
Last updated: 05 November 2013