Industry Code C564: 2018 Mobile Phone Base Station Deployment
Access the code
Industry Code C564: 2018 Mobile Phone Base Station Deployment (PDF 930 KB)
Industry body responsible
Section of industry to which code relates
This industry code applies to carriers who are installing, intending to install, operating or contracting or arranging for the installation of fixed radiocommunications infrastructure used, intended to be used, or capable of being used to supply public mobile telecommunications services.
- This code also covers the work of contractors or agents working on behalf of carriers.
- A public mobile telecommunications service is a publicly accessible mobile phone network, as distinct from a non-public network, for example, an immediate circle.
Date of registration
17 December 2018
Objectives of the code
The objectives of this code are:
- to apply a precautionary principle to the deployment of mobile phone radiocommunications infrastructure
- to provide best practice processes for demonstrating compliance with relevant exposure limits and the protection of the public
- to ensure that the exposure of the community to EME is minimised
- to ensure relevant stakeholders are informed, notified or consulted and engaged with before mobile phone radiocommunications infrastructure is constructed
- to specify standards for consultation, information availability and presentation
- to consider the impact on the wellbeing of the community, physical or otherwise, of mobile phone radiocommunications infrastructure, and
- to ensure council and community views are incorporated into the mobile phone radiocommunications infrastructure site selection.
Last updated: 17 December 2018