The legislation that is relevant to the administration of the Do Not Call Register includes:
The ACMA has also made two industry standards relating to the telemarketing and fax marketing industries:
1. Telecommunications (Telemarketing and Research Calls) Industry Standard 2017:
covers the telemarketing industry and is made under section 125A of the Telecommunications Act 1997
sets out the minimum requirements for those making telemarketing and research calls to Australian numbers.
2. Fax Marketing Industry Standard 2011:
Three determinations have been made to support the Do Not Call Register.
1. Do Not Call Register (Access to Register) Determination 2017
Explains how a list of telephone numbers is to be submitted to the Do Not Call Register and how access-seekers will be informed about numbers which are and/or are not registered.
2. Do Not Call Register (Administration and Operation) Determination 2017
This determination and the Amendment Determination administer the processes of applying for registration, applying for correction of entries and for removing entries and ineligible numbers on the Do Not Call Register.
3. Do Not Call Register (Access Fees) Determination 2017
This determination and the Amendment Determination set out the fees for checking lists against the register.