Television licence area plans (TLAPs)
The ACMA has made the metropolitan and remaining regional TLAPs, as follows:
- The Darwin TLAP was made on 14 November 2012
- Five TLAPs for metropolitan areas (Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney) were made on 3 December
- Four TLAPs for regional licence areas (Mildura/Sunraysia, Regional Victoria, Southern NSW and Tasmania) were made on 3 December 2012
- The Regional Queensland TLAP was made on 5 December 2012
- The Northern NSW TLAP was made on 10 December 2012.
These instruments will progressively appear on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) here. The ACMA is preparing TLAPs for the remote Western Australia and remote Central and Eastern Australia regions.
A full list of final TLAPs is available here.
Variations to TLAPs for Riverland, Spencer Gulf and Broken Hill
The ACMA has varied the TLAPs for Riverland, Spencer Gulf and Broken Hill to enable earlier restacking of digital television services in the Riverland and Spencer Gulf areas.
The variation to the Broken Hill TLAP allows the single service that must restack within the VHF band to do so at any time before 31 December 2014. The variations also incorporate minor technical amendments that will more accurately reflect the specification of the current digital television services and to remove redundant channels.
The TLAP variations for Riverland, Spencer Gulf and Broken Hill came into effect on 27 November 2012 when the variation instruments were registered on the FRLI.