Consumer engagement in e-commerce
The 'digital economy' can be defined as the global network of economic and social activities that are enabled by digital technologies, services and content. Internet commerce, or e-commerce, is one of many aspects of the digital economy. The internet allows consumers to purchase goods and services in a borderless marketplace, whether based locally, interstate or overseas.
This report provides an exploration of Australian household internet user experiences with e-commerce and provides commentary on consumer purchasing behaviour. It explores:
- who is buying goods or services online;
- how often they are buying online
- what they are buying online
- the value of the goods or services purchased online
- whether they are buying goods or services sourced in Australia or overseas.
Last updated: 19 June 2013