The Australian Communications and Media Authority has released its first Quarterly Snapshot, providing provisional headline information and data about its:
- broadcasting, radiofrequency spectrum, telecommunications and unsolicited communications complaints, investigations and compliance work
- allocation and licencing regulatory work
- activities supporting the nbn and the government’s regulation reform agenda
- stakeholder survey feedback
- new ACMA’s Customer Service Centre.
‘Understanding the broad sweep of the ACMA’s responsibilities can be a challenge,’ said ACMA Chairman, Chris Chapman. ‘We have a complex regulatory remit spanning some 26 Acts and around 400 regulatory instruments. So to help our broad and varied stakeholders gain a wider appreciation about the range of our day-to-day regulatory activities, we’ve developed a quarterly snapshot headlined by an infographic.
‘Essentially, this report for the September quarter provides an “at-a-glance” feel for the range of our activities, an insight that can sometimes be lost by our numerous stakeholders in the specifics of day-to-day engagement within the broadcasting, radiocommunications, telecommunications and internet industries,’ Mr Chapman added.
For more information or to arrange an interview, please contact: Blake Murdoch, on (02) 9334 7817, 0434 567 391 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media release 63/2015 - 7 December