What: Reconnecting the Customer: Mobile network performance forum
Where: ACMI Cinemas, Federation Square, Melbourne
When: Thursday 14 November 2013
The objectives of the forum were to:
- Gain a better understanding of what is at the heart of consumer complaints about mobile network performance.
- Identify whether these issues are being sufficiently addressed.
- Find out what information helps consumers to understand providers’ network performance and identify whether current offerings meet consumer needs.
In the lead-up to the forum, we released a discussion paper (PDF 1.2 MB) or (Word 1.9 MB) to begin the conversation on some of the important issues. The paper explored the:
- factors shaping consumer perceptions of good and bad mobile network performance
- key technical aspects of mobile performance and network management
- stages of the consumer lifecycle at which mobile performance may be most relevant
- information currently available to Australian consumers about the performance of mobile networks.
A copy of the final agenda (PDF or htm) for the forum is available.
Information about the speakers and panellists is available here.