The ACMA takes steps to reduce greenhouse emissions
The ACMA has adopted a range of measures designed to reduce its greenhouse emissions. These include:
- Separation and recycling of office paper, cardboard and other office waste.
- Careful management of energy and water usage in ACMA offices.
- Emphasising low power consumption and energy efficiency when buying office equipment.
- Introducing electronic records management to reduce the use of paper records.
- Moving to the use of 80 per cent recycled Australian paper.
- Actively reducing air travel by ACMA executives and staff by using video conferencing more frequently.
The ACMA complies with the Energy Reporting Requirements for Government Agencies under the Energy Efficiency in Government Operations (EEGO) Policy and recently completed the ANAO Green Procurement & Sustainable Office Management Online Survey.
To further improve its environmental awareness and practices, the ACMA is to join the Government Agencies Environment Network (GAEN).
For more information on the Australian Government’s approach to improving energy efficiency and reducing the cost and environmental impact of Government operations go to: