To satisfy Government accountability requirements and Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997 obligations, the ACMA is required to post a number of documents on its internet website, including Portfolio Budget Statements, Annual Reports, Compliance with the Senate Order on Agency Contracts and the ACMA File Index.
The Portfolio Budget Statements are the key accountability documents for Government. Their purpose is to inform Senators and Members of the proposed allocation of resources to outcomes by agencies. They also play an important function in assisting with the interpretation of outcome appropriations.
Annual Reports provide visibility of achievement against planned objectives and utilisation of allocated resources. They provide closure for the Portfolio Budget Statements.
The Senate Order on Agency Contracts and publication of the ACMA File Index are important transparency measures, facilitating access to Agency documents by Senators and Members, and to the general public under the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
The ACMA's statements of legal services expenditure under paragraph 11.1(ba) of the Legal Services Directions 2005 (issued by the Attorney General under section 55ZF of the Judiciary Act 1903).
Senate Order on Departmental and Agency contracts listing (Murray Motion)
The ACMA is required to include all government contracts in contract listings. This includes procurement contracts, lease arrangements, sales contracts, certain grants and funding agreements, certain employment contracts, demand-driven contracts with an expected whole-of-life value of at least $100,000 and other arrangements that might be deemed to be contracts at law.
The following ACMA contracts listings are available on this website:
- 1 January 2012 to 31 December 2012 (.docx)
- 1 January 2011 to 31 December 2011 (.docx)
- 1 January 2010 to 31 December 2010
- 1 January 2009 to 31 December 2009
- 1 January 2008 to 31 December 2008
- 1 January 2007 to 31 December 2007
- 1 January 2006 to 31 December 2006
- 1 January 2005 to 31 December 2005
- 1 July 2011 to 30 June 2012 (.docx)
- 1 July 2010 to 30 June 2011 (.doc)
- 1 July 2009 to 30 June 2010 - Word format or PDF format
- 1 July 2008 to 30 June 2009
- 1 July 2007 to 30 June 2008
- 1 July 2006 to 30 June 2007
- 1 July 2005 to 30 June 2006
Senate Continuing Order Number 6 (Harradine Motion)
Senate Continuing Order No. 6, also known as the ‘Harradine motion’, requires each government department or agency to publish an indexed list of the titles of all relevant files, including new parts of existing files, created in a six-month period in the central office of that department or agency.
The following ACMA file lists are available on this website: