Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is the name for the different technologies that allow telephone calls to be made over broadband internet connections.
This section of the ACMA’s website provides practical information about VoIP for service providers, consumers and product suppliers.
Visit the pages below for information on:
- using VoIP for your home or business telephone service
- resolving problems with your VoIP service provider
- being or becoming a VoIP service provider
- VoIP and Legislation, codes and standards
- Reports and discussion papers on VoIP
- ACMA's regulatory approach to VoIP services (media release)
- ACMA makes new Emergency Call Service Determination (media release)
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) equipment (fact sheet)
- Understanding VoIP numbers and call charges