The ACMA uses an online recruitment system to advertise vacancies and to facilitate the processing of job applications.
Before preparing your application, take time to study the selection documentation. The selection documentation consists of:
- position profile - includes information relating to the section where the vacancy exists and lists the duties,
- selection criteria - lists the key skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications required to perform the duties.
Please access the information provided on our website to find out more about the Authority. You can talk to the relevant Contact Officer if you have questions about the position
If you are registering with the ACMA for the first time:
- You need to click on "Start new Application", and then follow the prompts
- The system will ask you to enter your full name, e-mail address and desired password
- The system will then assign you a logon id, which you should retain along with your password.
Your logon id and password allows you to access your application at any time throughout the process, make changes to personal details once you have submitted an application, access previous applications you have submitted, and apply for new jobs listed with the ACMA.
If you have already registered with the ACMA and have a logon id and password, you must click on the "Access existing Application" if you want to apply for a new job.
If you have forgotten your logon id and password the system will ask you to enter your e-mail address and will then e-mail your logon id and password to you.
It is essential that you submit your application before the closing date. Selection panels are not obliged to accept late applications. If you are unable to submit your application by the closing date you should discuss your circumstances with the Contact Officer to find out if a late application will be accepted.
As part of your online lodgement you will be required to complete an online application form, submit responses to the selection criteria/screening questions and upload your resume. Please ensure your attachments are available at the time of commencing your online application.
Selection criteria/Screening questions
You may be required to provide an outline of your claims in respect to each criterion. Explain the relevance of your abilities, experience, qualifications and personal qualities. In preparing the statements, concentrate on the quality of the information, not the quantity.
The STAR model is a simple technique that may be used when addressing and presenting selection criteria, in a logical, clear and concise way. STAR stands for:
S - What was the SITUATION? This is an example of previous situation where you have demonstrated particular skills, knowledge or ability.
T - What were the TASKS involved? What were the tasks that demonstrated my skills, knowledge and ability?
A - What ACTION was necessary and taken? How did these demonstrate my skills, knowledge and ability?
R - What RESULTED from the action taken?
When using this method think about:
What happens when I submit my application?
When you submit an application:
- You will receive a response via e-mail, advising that your application has been received
- You will receive an e-mail advising if you have been selected for further assessment and/or will be contacted to make the necessary arrangements
- If you have been successful, you will receive written advice from the ACMA's Human Resources offering you employment
- If you are unsuccessful, you will receive notification by email
In accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1998, ACMA treats personal information as confidential. The personal information is collected to manage recruitment processes as required by the Public Service Act 1999.
Your personal information will not be disclosed unless the law permits it or where your consent is given.
While the ACMA provides a secure environment, you should be aware there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet.
If you require further information about the position you are applying for, please contact the ‘Contact Person’ named in the vacancy advertisement.
If you require assistance with your online application or questions about the system, please contact the Recruitment Administration.