Registered telecommunications codes
Telecommunications industry codes can be developed by industry bodies on any matter that relates to a telecommunications or e-marketing activity.
Codes can be presented by industry bodies to the ACMA for registration.
If the ACMA is satisfied that the code meets the criteria stipulated in Part 6 of the Telecommunications Act 1997, it is obliged to include the code on its register of industry codes and industry standards.
ACIF Industry codes
The Australian Communications Industry Forum (ACIF) administers a Code Administration and Compliance Scheme, allowing carriers or carriage service providers to commit to compliance with ACIF industry codes.
Network related Guidelines and Specifications
The following documents do not fall under the ACMA legislative arrangements, but form part of the technical regulation framework.
- ACIF G500:2002 Interconnect Signalling Specification for Circuit Switched Networks
- ACIF G502:1998 Australian Network Performance Plan
- ACIF G538:1999 Interconnection Model
- ACIF G549:2002 Interconnection Implementation Plan
- ACIF G581:2002 SMPP Protocol - Inter-network Short Message Interchange
- ACIF G605:2002 Inter-Network ATM Services