Applicant information package - 500 MHz Spectrum Auction 1997
This Applicant Information Package contains the legal instruments and explanatory material that constitute the official documentation for the auction. It defines the spectrum allocation lots that were to be sold, the auction rules and the interference management framework applying to the subsequent use of the spectrum. It is information made available for historical purposes and may contain material that has been superseded, or served a particular purpose at a time, that has no current application.
Applicant information relating to subsequent allocation of residual spectrum in this band is available.
The components of the 1997 Applicant Information Package are available below.
The documents, in order, are:
- Front Cover – Volume 1
- Table of Contents – Volume 1
- Important Notice
- Part 1 - What is being offered? (1.1 mb)
- Part 2 - How to get a licence (2.3 mb)
- Part 3 – What you can do with a Spectrum Licence (1.1 mb)
- Part 4 – Technical Framework (1 mb)
- Attachment 1 – SMA Area Offices
- Attachment 2 – Maps of Market Areas (1.6 mb)
- Front Cover – Volume 2
- Table of Contents – Volume 2
- Radiocommunications Spectrum Marketing Plan (500 MHz Band) 1996 (2.6 mb)
- Radiocommunications Spectrum Conversion Plan (500 MHz Band) 1996
- Radiocommunications (Spectrum Licence Allocation – 500 MHz Band) Determination 1996
- Radiocommunications (Unacceptable Levels of Interference) Determination No. 1 of 1996
- Radiocommunications (Trading Rules for Spectrum Licences) Determination 1996
- Radiocommunications Advisory Guidelines (Co-ordinating the operation of transmitters in the 500 MHz Bands) (1.6 mb)
- Licence to use SMABid Software
- Appointment of Auction Manager Determination
- Exercise of Power to set Bid Increments Determination
The Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded for free from the Adobe website.